Post your résumé in this section. You may find the Resume and Interview Guide on the CD website helpful. Working in an electronic medium makes it possible for you to make your résumé interactive. You can hyperlink items on your resume to other websites or embed relevant media. You are not required to do this, but it is something to consider.
Your résumé should include the following sections:
- Contact Information: Place your name, address, telephone number, and email address at the top of your résumé. (If you do not wish to share this information in your ePortfolio at this time, simply create placeholders, e.g., (xxx) xxx-xxxx.)
- Educational Background: List your degrees, schools, and dates of graduation in reverse chronological order. On the top should be your M.S. degree in Communicative Disorders.
- Certifications and Licenses: Most students will be qualified to apply for three certifications/licenses upon graduation from the CD program. These include a) the ASHA Certification in speech-language pathology, b) the California license in speech-language pathology, and c) the Speech-Language Pathology Services Credential. List those you will be qualified to apply for upon graduation.
- Employment History: List your employment experience in reverse chronological order. Include your title, the name and location of your employer, the dates of employment by year, and a description of your duties and accomplishments.
- Honors and Awards
- Skills: Describe any skills you've acquired that are relevant to the positions and settings you wish to enter.
- References: List the contact information of your references only with their permission.